Sunday 16 January 2011

Creating my music magazine advertisement

Design for my music magazine advertisement:

 
I developed an idea for my music advertisement on paper so what I can have an idea of what I want the music advertisement to look like before I actually starting producing it.
To come up and create this mock-up I followed the conventions of music advertisements that I had researched in so I can make sure that my advertisement included everything it a magazine advert should.
At the very bottom of the mock-up I included a little sketch of ‘shadowing’. I decided that this effect would have a great deal of affect upon the overall look of the advertisement. Also including the shadowing (dark from the bottom, light at the top) the text could be seen more clearly.
This point leads into a typical convention of indie rock music advertisements, due to that the majority of indie rock music advertisements have a dark colouring.



The text:






The main text is the same text for the title on my digipak. By this the association from the digipak to the music advertisement is clear, this would mean that the audience can easily associate and come in recognition with promotion and distribution of the band’s new album. I decided on these fonts as they are eye-catching in which appeals more towards the audience. The contrast between the italic front and the simple font gives off a unique feel, reflecting on the whole symbolic sense of indie-rock.


The two texts above are done in the same font as Radioactive. I created the text with the same text so it looks more genuine and stands out more, in which is more understandable towards the audience.  The font being in capitals makes it look professional and bold to the eye.  

The ‘brilliant’ quote from HMV I wanted to have small so it doesn’t over power the image and text. Although the rating is important t I didn’t want that particular image to be large, however including a bold colour will stand the rating stars out.



The ‘out now’ text is shown in capitals and is created in a very bold text.  This is because it is important for the audience to see when the digipak is out. This text is placed over the digipak itself having a contrast in colour with the background colour. This text is done in ‘Arial’ a really basic front. I chose this front as it is the easiest font to read when text is small; this font is what I also typed up in copyright.




The HMV text is exactly what their company logo is; this is very popular in advertisements as the font is what makes the logo its own. I’m including a positive quote from a music store to represent the digipak as ‘Brilliant’.
Imagery:



The four stars resemble the rating of the digipak. I am aiming for the background to be dark, therefore I decided on displaying red stars as they are clear and stand outs to catch the viewer’s eye.










This image is also included in my digipak. Whilst researching into digipaks and advertisements, the same images are included, by this there is more association and recognition with the products.  When developing my advertisement further on Paint.net I will change this image so it fits more portrait and add the effect of shadow.




No comments:

Post a Comment